Below is an E3 media recap for NetherRealm’s Mortal Kombat X. I’ll likely add more links as I come across them, so keep checking back.
- PlayStation Live @ E3 – Gameplay reveal. [Video]
- Giant Bomb – Ed Boon interview / stage demo. [Video]
- IGN – Ed Boon interview / stage demo. [Video]
- GameSpot – Ed Boon interview / stage demo. [Video]
- GameInformer – Mortal Kombat X Will Have A New, Persistent Online Mode. [Editorial]
- GameInformer – A Kandid Discussion On Mortal Kombat X. [Editorial]
- GameSpot – Mortal Kombat X’s Gruesome Display at the Sony Press Conference. [Editorial]
- GameSpot – How Mortal Kombat X Is Improving the MK Formula. [Editorial]
- Polygon – The tenth Mortal Kombat adds a new twist to character selection. [Editorial]
- PC Mag – Hands On With Mortal Kombat X at E3. [Editorial]
- Maximilian Dood – Mortal Kombat X: HANDS ON! Part 1 (Theme, Graphics, Characters). [Video]
- Maximilian Dood – Mortal Kombat X: HANDS ON! Part 2 (Interactables, Variation, Run Combos & More). [Video]
- AllGamesBeta – Mortal Kombat X Gameplay Debut & Screens. [Video/Screenshots]
- GameTrailers – E3 2014: Eyes-on. [Video]
- Machinima – Ed Boon interview / gameplay montage. [Video]
Burbank, Calif. – June 2, 2014 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Mortal Kombat X, NetherRealm Studios’ next highly anticipated installment in its legendary, critically acclaimed fighting game franchise that propels the iconic franchise into a new generation. Mortal Kombat X is scheduled for release in 2015 for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. Mortal Kombat X will make its first public appearance at Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2014 in Los Angeles.
“Mortal Kombat is our acclaimed, world-renowned franchise and we are now advancing the fighting genre with Mortal Kombat X,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios is best in class at delivering games fans love and they are taking their iconic brand to the next level with Mortal Kombat X.”
“Mortal Kombat has always been about over-the-top, visceral fighting and with Mortal Kombat X we wanted to utilize the power of new-gen consoles to give players our most intense game yet,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “The team has worked hard to make sure Mortal Kombat X delivers everything fans expect along with new characters, new game modes and an all new graphics engine.”
Mortal Kombat X combines cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever, offering a new fully-connected experience that launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy. For the first time, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. Players step into an original story showcasing some of the game’s most prolific characters including Scorpion and Sub-Zero, while introducing new challengers that represent the forces of good and evil and tie the tale together.
For more information about Mortal Kombat X, please visit www.mortalkombat.com and www.facebook.com/MortalKombat.
mkbible.org is unable to age gate the official announcement trailer, but it can be found here: http://youtu.be/Ci6lMQNLKZU