With all the misinformation regarding the ‘You Found Me!’ achievement/trophy, I decided to figure out what’s what for those who are still having trouble with it. After MUCH trial and error, and the help of my good friend Patrick McCarron from TRMK, we’ve finally figured out the exact requirements for the hidden Jade encounter.
You will fight Jade after defeating Shang Tsung if the following criteria is met:
- Do not lose a single match prior to Goro/Kintaro.
- Perform at least three (3) Fatalities prior to Goro/Kintaro. This means a Fatality is NOT required on Shang Tsung unless absolutely necessary. Stage Fatalities count.
- Achieve at least three (3) Flawless Victories prior to Shang Tsung.
- Achieve two (2) Flawless Victories against Shang Tsung without losing a round.
- Round time and difficulty setting can be set to anything, but a minimum of two (2) rounds is required.
- After defeating an opponent, you may pause the game when “Finish Him/Her!” flashes on the screen and re-select your fighter. In doing so, you will fight the same opponent again. This trick is particularly useful against Shang Tsung when attempting back-to-back Flawless Victories, which can be difficult even on the easiest difficulty setting. (Selecting a different fighter between retries is allowed.)
- If a match ends using the re-select trick above, any Flawless Victories achieved during that match will still count toward your current playthrough, making it possible to obtain the required amount of Flawless Victories (5) solely on Shang Tsung.
- DO NOT lose a single round to Shang Tsung, else you will have to use the re-select trick and try again. You may lose a round to anyone else, however.
- DO NOT lose a match under any circumstances.
Everything above has been 100% confirmed by Patrick and I. We did this by putting the existing information to the test, which was to get a Double Flawless Victory and Fatality on Shang Tsung. This obviously wasn’t working for everyone (including us), so we knew there had to be additional requirements that players weren’t picking up on while fighting their way up the ladder, which likely involved finishing moves. We decided to test our theory until we got the encounter to trigger 100% of the time. From there, we rigorously tested each bullet point until the encounter no longer triggered, which gave us exact values. Simply put, if any of the criteria above is not met, the encounter will not trigger.
We hope this helps. A huge thanks to Patrick McCarron for his assistance.
Not true about not losing rounds to Shang Tsung. You absolutely can lose infinite rounds to Shang Tsung just never the match. I can confirm this for sure as I just got the achievement not 10 minutes ago. I did not lose a round to anyone leading to Shang Tsung, did all requisite fatalities and flawless victories and in roughly 60 matches with Shang Tsung I lost 12 rounds total but never a match and once I got double flawless it sent me straight to Jade.
I appreciate the feedback, but “You must get 2 Flawless Victories on Shang Tsung without losing a round” implies that you cannot lose a round during the flawless match. You can lose rounds to him otherwise if using the re-select trick, as indicated under the additional notes.
I’ve revised it a bit to make it more clear.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFORMATION!!! I have been trying to get this trophy for the last 10 hours, using all different tactics that people used to ‘apparently’ get this trophy. Nothing was working, I was getting so stressed and was very nearly ready to give up totally, untill I found this website. It told me exactly what I needed to do. But I was a bit skeptic because everything I read on other sites was just a lie (or just didn’t explain things very well) and I thought this was another one. But I gave it ago, and 5 minutes later, I was facing secret Jade, and the trophy popped! I am so happy!
Glad to hear it.