(I know I’m a week late, and I wasn’t going to post this, but decided to anyway for archival purposes.)
NetherRealm Studios released a patch for Mortal Kombat (2011), bringing it up to version 0.144S-234-77c814ec (Xbox 360) / ????-??? (PS3) [update version 1.??]. As detailed on the official hotfix and patch notes thread, the following changes have been made:
General Gameplay Fixes/Tweaks
- Fixed a couple of crash scenarios.
- DLC billboards should now behave correctly on Xbox.
- You should no longer see online desyncs on Xbox that are related to alternate costumes or classic costume DLC packs.
- MOTD handling and displaying code was tweaked.
- Fixed a bug that could have resulted in tweakvars getting corrupted.
- Fixed a crash in player select if you tried to exit out while the DLC box was open.
- With the exception of Human Cyrax and Human Sektor, everyone’s alternate costumes should behave the same as their primary costumes and have the exact same move properties.
- You can now block after a dash forward is completed if it was cancelled into from a special move. Cancelling out of a dash into another dash was normalized for most of the characters. Dash Block cancelling remains the same.
- Wake-up attacks should have better invulnerability on them if done in the first 4 frames of the wake-up window. (this was added as a hotfix tweakable value)
- You no longer get a completely free throw attempt after someone blocks your jump punch. The opponent has less block hit frames but chained combos from a jump punch will remain the same.
- There were several reactions that could freeze players just before they landed from attacks and reactions such as Kano’s Airball and Cyrax’s Net air reaction.
- Made many minor hitbox adjustments.
- Tweaked the negative edge window.
- Several low attacks were being parried incorrectly.
- Nightwolf and Kenshi can no longer still absorb a projectile if they get hit out of their enhanced reflects before the recovery frames start.
- Baraka’s Blade Spin move starts up faster and is safer when blocked.
- Baraka’s Enhanced Blade Charge (Blade Rush) attack goes farther now.
- Baraka’s Chop Chop no longer auto corrects mid-move.
- Baraka has a new D1 low poke.
- Cyber Sub-Zero can no longer handcuff certain characters by catching a wake-up attack with his enhanced Ice Parry.
- Cyrax’s Buzzsaw is an overhead block and safer when blocked.
- Cyrax’s Bombs will no longer pop someone up who is in a 2nd Net reaction or in a Buzzsaw reaction.
- Cyrax’s MK3 costume should behave the same as the primary costume now.
- Ermac can no longer leave an invisible fireball collision around.
- Fixed damage scaling a few of his reactions.
- All of Jade’s Enhanced Boomerangs (Reboomerang) will now return when the first hit is blocked.
- Jade’s Staff Grab is slightly safer when blocked.
- Jade’s U3 attack (Pole Vault) can be ducked.
- Jade’s 4,F3 kick (Polecat) is safer when blocked.
- The armor on Jax’s Enhanced Dash Punch (Dash Fist) and X-Ray (Briggs Bash) now starts instantly.
- Added armor to the start-up of Jax’s Enhanced Elbow (Elite Smash).
- Jax’s projectiles (Energy Wave) recover a tiny bit faster.
- Jax’s towards 3 attack (Big Leg) is now an overhead.
- Jax can no longer frame trap someone with his Gotcha Grab.
- Johnny Cage’s F3,2 (Take Two) no longer true combos into 2in1’d special moves.
- Johnny Cage’s Nut Punch does slightly less damage.
- Johnny Cage’s sweep kick has less advantage on block or hit.
- Kabal can no longer leave an invisible fireball collision around.
- Removed a couple unavoidable block traps with Kabal. (with F2 and 4)
- If you don’t charge and hold the Enhanced Kano Ball it will now keep its armor.
- Kano’s Enhanced Knife Toss recovers faster.
- Kitana’s Fan reactions on an airborne opponent damage scale correctly now.
- Kitana’s X-Ray (Fan-Tastic) can no longer be reflected.
- Removed the pushback on Kung Lao’s spin when blocked.
- Ground Hat now leaves both players at neutral when hit close and leaves Kung Lao at a disadvantage when blocked up close.
- Kung Lao’s overhead hat attack is slightly safer when blocked.
- Liu Kang’s Parry now can correctly give a first hit bonus!
- Nightwolf’s reflect should work better as a wake-up attack.
- Noob’s Teleport Slam should connect better with some opponents.
- Noob should no longer be hit on the ground after he is up in the air for his Teleport.
- Noob’s Shadow Charge hits overhead.
- Fixed an issue where Quan Chi’s Skull Projectile (Skull Ball) could sometimes become invisible.
- Added some armor to the Quan Chi’s Enhanced Sky Drop (Sky Stomp).
- Raiden can no longer unavoidably frame trap someone with his Vicinity Blast.
- Raiden has 2 additional recovery frames on his normal Teleport.
- Raiden can’t be hit during his Enhanced Teleport (Sparkport).
- Reptile whiffed Elbow Dash now builds slightly less meter.
- Reptile is held slightly longer after knocking someone down with the Elbow Dash.
- A blocked Reptile Elbow Dash no longer pushes back.
- Reptile’s Enhanced Slide (Slime Trail) now has armor on it.
- Reptile can no longer leave an invisible Forceball collision around.
- Scorpion’s Leg Takedown is safer when blocked.
- Scorpion’s Enhanced Leg Takedown (Takeout) now has armor on it.
- Sektor can now 2in1 into the front and behind Up Missiles.
- Sektor’s MK3 outfit should behave the same as the primary costume.
- Sektor’s backjets will no longer get stuck firing, wasting precious fuel. (Yay!)
- Sektor’s X-Ray (Massive Missile) can no longer be reflected.
- The armor on Shang’s Enhanced Soul Steal now starts instantly.
- Shang Tsung’s Enhanced Soul Steal (Soul Capture) activates faster.
- Sheeva’s Fireball is a mid block now and the Enhanced Fireball (Fire Blast) is an overhead.
- Sheeva’s Ground Pound can correctly give a first hit bonus!
- Sheeva’s Enhanced Jump Stomp (Jump Crush) now has armor on it.
- Sheeva’s Air Grab has better anti-air collision on it.
- Sindel can no longer leave behind an invisible fireball collision around.
- Sindel’s B1 attack is a low block.
- Sindel’s regular Scream is slightly faster and the Enhanced Scream is a lot faster now.
- Sindel’s Scream (Yell) can no longer be parried.
- It’s no longer possible to handcuff opponents with Smoke’s Vibration (Shake) Parry.
- The armor on Sonya’s cartwheel (Krazy Legs) lasts until the first collision and Archkick’s (Arc Wave) armor lasts until her arch is almost over.
- Sonya’s 1,1,4 (Fierce Assault) no longer true combos into 2in1’d special moves from it.
- Sonya’s 3,1,4 (Beat Up) no longer true combos into 2in1’d special moves from it.
- Stryker’s Enhanced Baton (Baton Bash) Sweep’s 2nd hit is an overhead and is safer when blocked.
- Stryker’s Grenades recover slightly faster.
- Stryker’s Baton Roll starts up faster and the enhanced version has armor on it for a longer time.
- Stryker’s Enhanced Grenade Toss and Baton Sweep do slightly more damage.
- Stryker’s B1,2,2 (Beatdown) combo is safer when blocked.
- Fixed some of the Ground Freeze reaction properties which were causing some other gameplay issues.
- Sub-Zero’s Enhanced Slide (Power Slide) now has armor.
- The opponent is frozen for 10 additional frames to allow him to at least get a slide in for some trade cases were he could get nothing before.
- Freddy’s Nightmare Stance can’t be repeated instantly anymore.
- Fixed a bug where Freddy could get stuck being immune to projectiles.
- Freddy’s forward and backward Teleports (Hell Shift) build slightly less meter.
- Some of Freddy reactions were not damage scaling correctly.
- Tweaked the recovery on some of Freddy’s specials.
- Kenshi’s X-Ray (Soul Blade) can no longer be reflected.
- Kenshi is freed up sooner now when he absorbs a projectile with his (Blade Absorb).
- Kenshi’s F2,2,B1 (Absentminded) reaction no longer lets opponents be hit just as they hit the ground.
- Skarlet has an additional 10 frames before she can cancel out of her normal dagger toss.
- Skarlet can no longer 2in1 cancel out of her Slide attack from her Red Dash.
- Skarlet’s back throw now does normal damage.
- Skarlet can do her U3 (Lifting Leg) attack from a dash now.
As of today, the patch is now available for PS3 users.